GDPR, Data Protection and Confidentiality
Privacy Notice & Cookies
I collect personal information from you as part of my client induction process. In handling this information, I am bound by two sets of rules, the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and my professional body’s (the GHR) code of ethics. This page will explain how these affect the way I work.
Who I am and how I process your personal data
I use your personal data for the following purposes
My Lawful Basis for processing client personal data
The client has the right to complain to the Independent Commissioner’s Office (ICO) if they think there is a problem with the way we are handling their data
The cookies stored on your computer or other device when you access this website are set by Diverse Hypnosis, our suppliers who partner with us to help deliver a high quality website and on-line shopping experience, and other third parties. Some cookies are set by or on behalf of Diverse Hypnosis and are necessary to enable customers to a make purchases on our website.
Cookies may also be set by third parties who participate with us in affiliate marketing programmes. None of these third parties collect any personal data from which they would be able to identify individual customers.
The main purposes for which cookies are used are:-
1. For technical purposes essential to effective operation of website, particularly in relation to on-line transactions.
3. To enable Diverse Hypnosis to collect information about the browsing and shopping habits and activities of customers, including to monitor the success of campaigns, competitions etc.
4. To enable Diverse Hypnosis to meet its contractual obligations to make payments to third parties when a product is purchased by someone who has visited our website from a site operated by those parties.
If you want to disable cookies you need to change your website browser settings to reject cookies. How to do this will depend on the browser you use and we provide further detail below on how to disable cookies for the most popular browsers:-
1. Choose the menu “tools” then “Internet Options”
2. Click on the “privacy” tab
3. Select the setting the appropriate setting
1. Choose the menu “tools” then “Options”
2. Click on the icon “privacy”
3. Find the menu “cookie” and select the relevant options
1. Choose the menu Files > “Preferences”
This depends on which cookies you disable, but in general the site may not operate properly if cookies are switched off. If you only disable 3rd party cookies you will not be prevented from making purchases on this site. If you disable all cookies you will be unable to complete a purchase on this site.
Any information regarding a natural person, a legal person, an institution or an association, which is, or can be, identified, even indirectly, by reference to any other information, including a personal identification number.
Details collected automatically from the site, including the IP addresses or domain names of the computers utilized by the users who connect to the site, the URI addresses (Uniform Resource Identifier), the time of the request, the method utilized to submit the request to the server, the size of the file obtained in reply, the numerical code indicating the status of the server’s answer (successful outcome, error, etc.), the country of provenance, the features of the browser and the operating system utilized by the visitor, the various time details per visit (for instance the time spent on each page) and the details about the path followed within the site with special reference to the sequence of pages visited, other parameters about the operating system and the user’s IT environment.